Qatar Electricity and Water Company

Pages 49
Tables 27
Charts 19
Price $100

• Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC) was established in 1990 in accordance with the provisions of the Commercial Companies Law when elect.....


• Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC) was established in 1990 in accordance with the provisions of the Commercial Companies Law when electricity generation and water production was privatized for the first time in Qatar. 
• Approximately 52% of the shares are owned by the government of Qatar and the rest 48% is held by companies like Qatar Navigation Q.S.C., Qatar Insurance Company S.A.Q and individuals. 
• QEWC operates 7 plants for the generation of electricity and desalination of water in the State of Qatar. As of 2014, it has an installed capacity to generate 2,554.5 MW and 201 million gallons of water annually. 
• Sale of electricity and water are the major revenue generating operations for QEWC which accounted for 53.34% and 40.53% of total revenues respectively. 
• Revenue contributed by the sale of electricity increased at a CAGR of 2.2% over the periods 2012 to 2014. Revenue contributed by the sale of water increased at a CAGR of 4% during the years 2012 to 2014. 
• QEWC stock outperformed the Qatar stock index consistently during 2010-14. The stock registered an annualized return of 15.6% from December 2009 to December 2014 whereas the general index posted an annualized return of 12% in the same period.


1. Executive Summary
2. Business Overview
Porter five force analysis
STEEPLED analysis
3. Financial Overview
Key Financial Ratios
Capital Expenditure
Debt/Equity Ratio (D/E)
Return on Equity (ROE) and Return on Asset (ROA)
Earnings Quality (EQ)
4. Projections
5. Peer Analysis
Regional Peers
Global Peers
6. Share Market Overview
Risk Metrics
Analyst Calls
7. Appendix
Sector Overview

Tables & Charts

1.1: Summary
1.2: Business View
1.3: Financial View (Long term view)
2.1 Power and Water Generation Capacity under QEWC
2.2: Performance Indicators 
2.3:  QEWC: Direct Investment and Related Entities
2.4: Summary of Porter’s Five Forces analysis
2.5: Energy requirement for MSF and SWRO
2.6: Seawater water quality regulation in Qatar 
2.7: Summary of STEEPLED analysis
2.8: SWOT analysis
3.1: Financial Ratios 
3.2: Earnings Quality across time periods
3.3: Earnings Quality Components (Period End: Sep 2014)
4.1: Projections for Income Statement, Balance Sheet 
4.2: Business Segment wise revenue projections
5.1: Regional Peer Overview
5.2: Peer comparison based on size, P/E and dividends 
5.3: Peer comparison based on returns and margins (2014)
5.4: Peer comparison based on Balance Sheet strength (2013)
5.5: Selective of Global Peers based on Market Cap
6.1: Returns of QEWC vs Qatar index
6.2: QEWC Dividends, 2010-2014
6.3: Risk Metrics
6.4: Liquidity Metrics
7.1: Projections for Income Statement, Balance Sheet 
7.2: Board of Directors and Executive Management

2.1: QEWC business model
2.2 QEWC: Business lines
2.3 QEWC Revenue: Business Line-Wise, 2014
3.1: Total Sales, 2010-14 (in USD million)
3.2: Segment sales, 2010 -2014 (in USD million)
3.3: Du Pont Analysis, 2014
3.4: QEWC CAPEX, USD Millions and CAPEX/Sales ratio (2010-14)
3.5: QEWC D/E Ratio, (2010-14)
3.6: ROE & ROA, (2010-14)
3.7: Cash Flow from Operations (in USD millon) and CFO-to-Sales ratio, 2010-14
6.1: QEWC vs.  Qatar Index, Rebased 2009 to 31st Dec, 2014
6.2: QEWC Volume traded (in mn) vs. Price
6.3: Risk vs. Return: QEWC, Regional Competitors, Qatar stock Index, Qatar industrial Index 2009-145
6.4: Analyst Calls across Time Periods
7.1: Annual Electricity Generation from 2008 to 2012 (in GWh)
7.2: Energy Transmitted by IPP in 2012 (MWh)
7.3: Sectorial Consumption of energy (MWh) in 2012
7.4: Total water production (Million cubic meters) from 2008 - 12
7.5: Water Produced by IWP’s in 2012 

Slice & Dice

Interested only in a part of the report?

We provide flexibility to request and buy only those sections of the report that you are interested in at a reduced price. 

Download the TOC and List of Tables & Charts to select the chapters or data points you are interested in and send us an Email Enquiry. 

We will promptly revert with a quotation. 



Qatar Electricity and Water Company

Recently Browsed